Annual Minimum Salary: $24,868.64
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 8
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Groundskeeper I. This position is responsible for the maintenance of city cemetery grounds; mows grass, controls weeds and performs other grounds maintenance tasks in the city cemetery; edges and trims grassy areas as needed; plants, prunes, trims and sprays trees and shrubs; collects litter and leaves; assists in opening and closing cemetery gates; operates a backhoe to open and close graves; sets up and removes chairs and tents for special events throughout the city, and maintains assigned tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of grounds maintenance practices, grounds equipment operation, maintenance and repair principles, and safe work practices.
- Skills in the operation of grounds maintenance equipment, decision making and problem solving, interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public, oral and written communication.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to Berna Hepburn at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.