Annual Minimum Salary: $27,450.33
Pay Grade: 10
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Motor Pool
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of fulltime Automotive Service Worker. The work of this position involves service and minor maintenance on city vehicles and equipment. This position requires basic mechanical skills, knowledge in a multitude of oil and hydraulic weights, lubrication valves, and location of high wear greases points.
- Skill in using various hand/power tools, vehicle lifting equipment and limited computer data entry.
- At least three years experience in a related field.
- If a class B license is not in possession, it will be required within six months of hire date.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License are also required.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test, and physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to Berna Hepburn at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.