The Valdosta Main Street office has released its 24th edition in the series of the Downtown Valdosta Christmas ornaments. These local collectibles feature historic downtown landmarks and make wonderful holiday gifts.
The 2016 ornament is red and features the Strand-Alamo Theatre building located at 206 N. Patterson Street, which is now home to Birdie’s Market.
The Downtown Valdosta Christmas ornaments for years 2010 through 2016 cost $10 each. Ornaments from years 2001 through 2009 may also be purchased for $6 each, while supplies last.
Ornaments in the Downtown Valdosta Christmas Ornament Series from previous years include:
- Smith Drug & Seed Company (2015)
- Cranford Building (2014)
- 25th Anniversary of the ‘Dosta Playhouse (2013)
- Roberts Building (2012)
- Historic Liberty Theater (2011)
- Valdosta Sesquicentennial/City Hall (2010)
- Converse Building (2009)
- Wisenbaker Building (2008)
- City Market (2007)
- First Presbyterian Church (2006)
- King’s Grill (2005)
- McKey Building (2004)
- First Baptist Church (2003)
- First United Methodist Church (2002)
- Ashley House (2001)
- St. Paul A.M.E. (2000-sold out)
- Converse-Dalton-Ferrell House (1999-sold out)
- Chamber of Commerce (1998-sold out)
- Lowndes County Historical Museum (1997-sold out)
- C.C. Varnadoe (1996-sold out)
- Lowndes County Courthouse (1995-sold out)
- Valdosta City Hall (1994-sold out)
- Dosta Playhouse (1993-sold out)
Citizens may purchase these local collectibles at the Valdosta Main Street office, located on the first floor of the Valdosta City Hall Annex, at 300 N. Lee Street. Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. For more information, call 229-259-3577.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:43:00 AM