Applicants are required to take a standardized test to assess suitability for law enforcement work. Applicants who pass the initial test are then required to complete a detailed supplemental application and take a standardized test for entrance to the Police Academy. The next stage in seeking employment is an interview with the Chief of Police or designee. Applicants who have a favorable interview are then scheduled for a polygraph exam, followed by a physical agility test, and a the a conditional job offer. An offer of employment is followed by a psychological test , physical exam, drug screen, and final employment offer by the Human Resource Director and City Manager.
- At least 21 years of age
- A United States Citizen
- No felony convictions according to O.C.G.A. 35-8-8
- No family violence related convictions according to O.C.G.A. 19-13-1
- At least a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- A valid Driver's License
Accepted applicants will be required to enter into a training agreement. Georgia POST Certified Law Enforcement Officers are encouraged to apply.
The starting salary for entry level police officers is $37,422.25, with the opportunity to receive an annual education incentive of up to $2,000 for sworn personnel.
- Starting Salary - $37,422.25
- Starting Salary with Partial College Incentive Pay - $38,422.25
- Starting Salary with Full College Incentive Pay - $39,422.25
An application for employment may be picked up at the police department front desk, requested by mail or click here to fill out an on line application.