The Fair Housing Committee was established to provide guidance, insight, and action in addressing issues that were raised in the 2012 Analysis of Impediments.
The Committee consists of 14 members with the following structure: (1) Eight members represent the community and names were submitted by the Mayor and Council, (2) Two members are from the CDBG Citizen Advisory Committee, (3) The Executive Director of the Lowndes/Valdosta Commission for Children and Youth, (4) Two representatives of the Valdosta City School System to be appointed by the School System, and (5) One member of the local banking/mortgage industry. The Committee will be staffed by the Neighborhood Development Coordinator and the Assistant to the City Manager as needed.
- Kelly Strozier (Chairman) - Appt. by CDBG CAC
- David Adams (Vice Chairman) - Appt. by Councilman James Wright
- Vacant - Appt. by Councilwoman Deidra White
- Vacant - Appt. by Councilman Robert Yost
- Vacant - Appt. by Mayor John Gayle
- Vacant - Appt. by Councilman Tim Carroll
- Vacant - Appt. by Councilman Ben Norton
- Herbert Williams - Appt. by Councilman Alvin Payton, Jr.
- Vacant - Appt. by Councilman Sonny Vickers
- Rebecca Taylor - Appt. by CDBG CAC
- Seth Brown - Appt. by Staff
- Vacant - Appt. by Valdosta City Schools Superintendent
- Dr. Cynthia Scurry-Brooklin - Appt. by Valdosta City Schools Superintendent
- Vacant - Appt. by Bank Representative
The Fair Housing Committee no longer meets monthly as of January 2016. The Committee will meet on a quarterly meeting system. Meetings will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Annex, Multi-Purpose Room, 300 North Lee Street
Interested in Serving
Any City resident interested in serving on the Fair Housing Committee should submit a completed General Membership Application and a signed Code of Ethics Form to Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, located in the City Manager and Mayor's office in City Hall, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
For more information, please contact Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, at (229) 259-3503 or E-mail or contact Vanassa Flucas, Neighborhood Development Manager, at (229) 671-3617or E-mail.