The City of Valdosta has 15 vacancies on a variety of boards, commissions, authorities and advisory committees for which they are seeking community-minded people to apply.
“The board positions for which we are currently seeking applicants touch all areas of city life and provide great diverse representation of the community,” said Mayor John Gayle. “Good government depends on the involvement of others, and we urge our citizens to earnestly consider these opportunities to serve.”
In accordance with the City of Valdosta’s Appointment Policy and to make the public aware of these volunteer opportunities to serve their community, the City of Valdosta announces the following openings:
- Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Committee—One appointment
- Keep Lowndes-Valdosta Beautiful—Two appointments
- Public Art Advisory Committee—One LVAC Member-at-Large appointment and two Community-at-Large appointments
- Valdosta Housing Authority—One resident appointment
- Valdosta Housing Board of Adjustments & Appeal—Two appointments
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Airport Authority—One appointment
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments & Appeals—One appointment
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks & Recreation Authority—Two appointments
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals—One appointment
- Valdosta Tree Commission—One appointment to fill an expired term
Interested applicants should first review the Membership Requirements booklet and the Code of Ethics, complete an application, and sign a Code of Ethics form, all of which are available at the Valdosta City Clerk’s Office, located at 216 East Central Avenue. All required forms, which may also be conveniently downloaded or completed online at the city’s website, should be submitted to the City Clerk by 5 p.m., on Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
Mayor and Council will make the appointments from the pool of qualified applicants at the May 11 City Council meeting.
To learn more about serving the community through these entities, call City Clerk Teresa S. Bolden at 229-259-3503, Email at email@example.com, or download the information from http://www.valdostacity.com/boards-commissions-authorities-advisory-committees.