Annual Minimum Salary: $27,450.33
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Public Works Building
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 10
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Light Equipment Operator. This position operates assigned vehicles and light equipment in the maintenance of city rights-of-way, other properties and in the collection and transport of refuse; operates a truck and trailer to transport equipment and materials; operates a truck and trailer, rear-end loader, or other equipment along a predetermined route to collect refuse; operates a tractor with bush hog and other grounds maintenance equipment to mow grass on city rights-of-way, and on other city properties; operates hand and power tools in the performance of ground maintenance duties; plans and prunes trees and shrubs; maintains radio contact with dispatchers to send and receive information; maintains assigned vehicles and equipment; performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections; assists in traffic control at work sites.
- Knowledge of the techniques, equipment, and supplies used in grounds, city and departmental safety policies and procedures, geography of the city, including street names and locations
- Skills in operation of assigned vehicles, trucks and light equipment, prioritizing and organizing work, use of hand and power tools, oral and written communication
- At least one (1) to two (2) years experience in a related field
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Class B CDL preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to Berna Hepburn at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.