Lieutenant Bennie Kennedy Accreditation Manager
The Accreditation Manager is tasked with managing the assessment and evaluation of department past, present and future service levels/performance to ensure compliance with professional standards and accreditation requirements. The department’s Accreditation Manager also assist with maintaining the department’s ISO Class 1 rating and teaching various classes within the department. The Accreditation Manager's work will allow the Valdosta Fire Department to compare their overall performance to industry best practices in order to:
- Determine community risk and safety needs and develop community-specific Standards of Cover.
- Evaluate the performance of the department.
- Establish a method for achieving continuous organizational improvement.
This in return provides the measuring criteria for our local government to assess the professional performance and efficiency of the department.
The following is a list of benefits that this process provides the department and the community it serves.
- Assures colleagues and the public that the department has definite missions and objectives that are appropriate for the jurisdictions served.
- Provides a detailed evaluation of the services provided to the community
- Determines community risk and safety needs
- Creates a mechanism for developing strategic and program action plans
- Evaluates the performance of the department
- Establishes a method for achieving continuous organizational improvements
- Helps to justify programs and budgetary needs through performance measurements
- Helps to identify strengths and weaknesses within the department
- Creates methods or systems for addressing deficiencies while building organizational success
- Identifies potential risks and enables the department to effectively mitigate emergencies with appropriate resources
- Fosters national recognition by colleagues and the public