What is required for a Residential New Construction, Accessory or Addition Permit?
- Zoning Approval letter (from jurisdiction you are working in) required if new construction or adding on to existing structure or the placement of a storage building.
- If permitting in Lowndes County a well/septic tank approval from the health department or Water and Sewer receipt from Lowndes County Water and Sewer.
- Homeowner Affidavit, signed and notarized (if homeowner is acting as contractor and performing work on the home).
- Business license where work is being performed (Required for Contractors, Subcontractors, Special Trade Contractors).
- Registration as a Contractor with City of Valdosta Business License Office (Required for Contractors, Subcontractors, Special Trade Contractors).
- Authorized Agent Form for Contractors (Required if card holders not present).
- Total Square Foot Calculator (Required for all Residential New Construction, Additions, and Accessory Buildings).
- If permitting in Lake Park, an approval form from the City of Lake Park.
- If permitting in Hahira, an approval form from the City of Hahira.
requirements for other permit types
Review the steps to permit a Mobile Home . Mobile Homes are different from other types of construction. Fill out a Demolition statement before permitting and be aware of Asbestos Regulations for Contractors and/or Owners. Pools have specific requirements for Enclosures, barriers and safety devices.