Annual Minimum Salary: $49,528.07 - $87,638.18 (DOQ)
Pay Grade: 23
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Facility: City Hall Annex
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta is seeking an Engineering Project Manager. The position assists the City Engineer in the overall management of the city’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) by overseeing all required design work, construction, inspection, estimating, advertising, bidding, contracting, payment approvals and programming for city projects. The position provides administrative support within the department to include maintaining and promulgating department policies; resolving customer complaints; preparing budgets; and acting as liaison with other governmental agencies, utility companies, and the general public.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of the accepted principles and practices of civil engineering, CAD and Engineering software programs
- Knowledge and work experience in design and construction of civil infrastructure including roads, sidewalks, drainage, water and sewer improvements
- Skills in the collection and analysis of field data, problem solving and decision making, management and supervision, oral and written communication.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in related field
- A Georgia registered P. E. or eligible for a P.E. within six (6) months of hire
- A Valid Driver’s License
- Satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to Berna Hepburn at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in applying for. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.