Illegal Dumping Into Storm Drains
The discharge of any polluted water, sewage, oil, and/or other material into any natural outlet in the City, including any catch basin, roadside ditch, stream, and/or manhole, is strictly prohibited. Any person observing such discharge should report the occurrence to the Stormwater Division at
229-259-3530 between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, after hours, please call 229-333-1832, or email the Stormwater Division.
When contacting us, please provide as much information as possible:
Date of Incident
Time of Incident
Source and type of pollution (if known)
Responsible party (if known)
Vehicle tag number (if known)
Your contact information*
*Your contact information is not required; however it is helpful to have in case we need more information or follow up with you about the report.
Examples of what you can report:
- Foam, bubbles, or a milky appearance in a ditch or waterway
- Strange odors
- Auto fluids (e.g. motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc) or chemicals (e.g. paint, cleaners, etc) spilled on the street or poured into a catch basin
- Unusual pipe or wastewater that has been piped to a creek or ditch (e.g. from a washing machine, floor drain, etc)
- Outdoor washing equipment using chemicals
- Sediment coming off a construction site
For more information, please contact the Stormwater Manager at 229-259-3530 or send an email to the Stormwater Division.