The Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals is responsible for reviewing and deciding specific appeals made by individuals concerning the interpretation or administration of the Construction Codes.
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals consists of seven members who serve a three-year term. Four members are appointed by the City of Valdosta and three members are appointed by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners. Members must have experience in the construction industry. The General Contractor appointment rotates between the City and the County.
- Vacant - Term Expired 06/30/17
- Jimmy Cone (Architect) - Secretary - Term Expires 06/30/19
- Keith Scarborough (Electrician) - Term Expires 06/30/18
- John Sineath (General Contractor)* - Chairman - Term Expired 06/30/17
- Tripp Howell (Plumber) - Term Expires 06/30/20
- Randall Crews (Engineer) - Term Expires 06/30/19
- Jim Scruggs (Contractor) - Term Expires 06/30/18
* Appointment rotates between the City and the County. The County appointed in 2014 and the City postponed this appointment indefinitely in 2017.
- City Council Person - To Be Appointed
- Joyce Evans, Lowndes Co. Board of Commissioners
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals meets on a quarterly basis, the first Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at the City Hall Annex Building, Multi-Purpose Room, 300 North Lee Street, Valdosta.
Interested in Serving
Any City resident interested in serving on the Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals should submit a completed General Membership Application and a signed Code of Ethics Form to Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, located in the City Manager and Mayor's office in City Hall, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. Residents residing in unincorporated Lowndes County should contact the County Clerk at (229) 671-2400.
View the Appeal Form.
For more information, please contact Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, at (229) 259-3503 or E-mail or contact Rick Mefford, Inspections Department, at (229) 259-3506 or E-mail.