||Light Equipment Operator
|Annual Minimum Salary:
||OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Engineering Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Light Equipment Operator in the Stormwater Division. This position operates assigned vehicles and light equipment in the maintenance of city streets and stormwater systems. Operates a truck and trailer to transport equipment and materials to and from work sites. Operates a bush hog and other mowing equipment. Operates a tractor to apply herbicides to drainage ditches. Operates a variety of equipment used in the repair and maintenance of streets. Patches asphalt and fills potholes. Maintains radio contact with dispatchers to send and receive information. Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment; performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections. Assists in traffic control at work sites.
- Knowledge of the techniques, equipment, and supplies used in street and drainage system maintenance, city and departmental safety policies and procedures, geography of the city, including street names and locations
- Skills in the operation of assigned vehicles, trucks and light equipment, prioritizing and organizing work, use of hand and power tools, oral and written communication
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations
- At least one (1) year experience in a related field
- CDL is preferred
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. Sorry, No Phone Calls Please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer.