Position Title: Service Technician
Annual Minimum Salary: $28,349.33
Announcement Type: Internal/External
Department: Public Works
Facility: Motor Pool
City/State: Valdosta, Georgia
Pay Grade: 10
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of full time Service Technician. This position performs technical duties related to the maintenance and servicing of city vehicles and equipment. Changes oil and filters on city equipment and vehicles. Check coolant, brake fluid, oil and transmission fluid levels; adds fluids as needed. Assists Mechanics in the diagnosis and repair of vehicles and equipment. Assists in the repair or replacement of tires. Assists in making welding repairs. Cleans and tidies shop areas. Assists with roadside service as needed. Makes minor facilities repairs. Enters service data to computer. Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and equipment utilized in the repair and maintenance of a wide variety of vehicles and equipment, department and city policies and procedures, oils and lubricants needed for different makes of equipment and work safety principles.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of vehicles and equipment, use of hand and power tools, problem solving and oral/ written communication.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical.
All online applications must be processed through www.valdostacity.com. To be fully considered, applicants must submit a completed City of Valdosta Application Form to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com, or apply at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. A resume cannot be submitted as a substitute for the application form; it is for additional information only. Sorry, we do not accept late applications.
Please visit our website www.valdostacity.com for all open positions we currently accept applications for and for application instructions.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview