What is TSPLOST?
Transportation Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (TSPLOST) is a mechanism for Georgia voters to enact a regional sales tax for transportation purposes and projects. The law allows a region to implement a one percent regional sales tax over a ten year period to fund transportation improvements. In early 2017, a majority of Southern Georgia counties passed resolutions to initiate the process for a regional transportation sales tax.
The regional Transportation Roundtable, consisting of the County Commission Chairs and a Mayor from each of the 18 counties, met in April 2017 to start this regional process. Citizens from all 18 counties will vote on May 22, 2018 in the general primary ballot on the entire list of projects.
(Please note the following projects below are only for Valdosta, Lowndes County projects. Citizens will vote on the entire list of projects for all 18 regions in the general primary ballot. Please click here to view the full list of the 18 regions projects.)
Project list for Valdosta, Lowndes County:
- Old Clyattville Road Widening ($21,200,000)
- I-75 @ SR 31- Phase II Exit 11 ($21,445,000)
- Old 41 N. Widening ($6,516,800)
- Shiloh Road Resurfacing and Bridge Replacement ($5,600,000)
- Orr Road Extension ($1,175,000)
- Clyattstone Road/Simpson Lane Paving and Drainage Improvements ($2,300,000)
- Briggstone Road Paving and Drainage Improvements ($2,525,000)
- Hightower Road/Cooper Road NE Paving and Drainage Improvements ($3,750,000)
- Hickory Grove Road Bridge Replacement ($2,700,000)
- Kinderlou Clyattville Road Paving and Drainage Improvements ($3,450,000)
- Coleman Road NW Paving and Drainage Improvements ($2,300,000)
- Twin Lakes Road Paving and Drainage Improvements ($2,100,000)
- Hall Road Paving, Drainage and Other Improvements ($3,700,000)
- Country Club Drive Widening ($8,800,800)
- St. Augustine Road RR Grade Separation ($18,900,000)
- New Air Traffic Control Tower at Valdosta Regional Airport ($2,705,000)
- Old Clyattville Road Widening ($6,217,514)
- St. Augustine Road at Norman Drive Intersection, Drainage and Signal Improvements ($3,988,700)
- South Patterson Street at Griffin Avenue Intersection and Drainage Improvements ($1,258,000)
- St. Augustine Road at Gornto Road Intersection and Drainage Improvements ($2,510,100)
- Forrest Street Widening ($20,301,700)
- Baytree Road at Gornto Road Intersection and Signal Improvements ($2,734,000)
View Southern Georgia Regional TSPLOST map to learn more about specific projects.