Valdosta-Lowndes Co. Construction Board of Adjustments & Appeals
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals is responsible for reviewing and deciding specific appeals made by individuals concerning the interpretation or administration of the Construction Codes.
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals consists of seven members who serve a three-year term. Four members are appointed by the City of Valdosta and three members are appointed by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners. Members must have experience in the construction industry. The General Contractor appointment rotates between the City and the County.
- Michael Miller (Electrician) - Vice Chairman - Term Expires 06/30/23
- Jimmy Cone (Architect) - Secretary - Term Expires 06/30/22
- Dennis Carlton (Mechanical) - Term Expires 06/30/21
- Charles "Chuck" Smith (General Contractor)* - Chairman - Term Expires 06/30/20
- Tripp Howell (Plumber) - Term Expires 06/30/20
- Randall Crews (Engineer) - Term Expires 06/30/22
- Jimbo Scruggs (Contractor) - Term Expires 06/30/21
* Appointment rotates between the City and the County. The County appointed in 2014 and the City was to make the appointment in 2017; however, the City postponed this appointment until 2019. The County will make the appointment in 2020.
- Councilwoman Vivian Miller-Cody, Valdosta City Council
- Commissioner Joyce Evans, Lowndes Co. Board of Commissioners
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals meets on a quarterly basis, the second Wednesday of the month at 9:00 a.m. at the City Hall Annex Building, Inspections Conference Room, 1st Floor, 300 North Lee Street, Valdosta. View the Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals 2020 Meeting Dates.
Any City resident interested in serving on the Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals should submit a completed General Membership Application and a signed Code of Ethics Form to Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, located in the City Manager and Mayor's office in City Hall, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601. Residents residing in unincorporated Lowndes County should contact the County Clerk at (229) 671-2400.