Going Green: What does it mean?
Going Green means making lifestyle choices to protect the environment. This entails recycling or reusing materials and reducing energy use, such as using less water or turning off lights when they're not in use.
The City of Valdosta encourages residents to reduce, reuse and recycle. Bins are provided for recycle commodities. Place your recycle bin alongside your garbage roll-out at the curb by 6 a.m. the morning of your collection day. Recycling is not collected on city designated holidays.
We ask that containers be rinsed out and cardboard be broken down prior to being placed curbside. If items are not placed in the recycle bin or cardboard is not broken down, this could delay the pickup of your recycle material.
NOTE: If you are not sure if something can be recycled, call Public Works staff at 229-259-3588.
What Can Be Recycled?
(Place the following items in your blue recycle bin.)
|Material||What to Recycle||How to prepare||Not acceptable|
(newspapers, magazines, mixed paper)
|Glass, Food, Beverage Bottles, Jars||Rinse clean. Labels may be left on.|
|Cans||Rinse clean. Labels may be left on.|
- Make sure your recyclable materials are clean, dry and empty.
- Break down any cardboard boxes.
- If your bin will not hold all of your recyclables, feel free to use an old garbage can or plastic bin. Make sure to clearly identify the containers as recycling bins.
- If it's not on the list, it is a non-recyclable item and should not be placed in your blue bin.
- When in doubt, call 229-259-3588 before you put it out!
1017 Myrtle Street
Valdosta, GA 31601