Going Green: What does it mean?
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the curbside recycling program has been temporarily suspended. However, city residents can continue to recycle by using one of the three recycling drop-off sites.
Going Green means making lifestyle choices to protect the environment. This entails recycling or reusing materials and reducing energy use, such as using less water or turning off lights when they're not in use. The City of Valdosta encourages residents to reduce, reuse, and recycle. City residents can now drop off recyclables ONLY at the following locations:
- FIVE POINTS SHOPPING CENTER
CITY LOT ON HILL AVENUE (1025 W HILL AVENUE)
- CITY LOT AT CORNER OF SOUTH LEE STREET AND EAST SAVANNAH AVENUE
We ask that containers be rinsed out and cardboard be broken down prior to dropping them off.
What Can Be Recycled?
(Place the following items in the recycling trailer.)
- Make sure your recyclable materials are clean, dry, and empty.
- Break down any cardboard boxes.
- If it's not on the list, it is a non-recyclable item and should not be placed in the trailers.
1017 Myrtle Street
Valdosta, GA 31601