Valdosta-Lowndes Co. Zoning Board of Appeals
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBOA) was established to hear appeals and variance requests of the City of Valdosta Land Development Regulations (LDR) as well as the Lowndes County Unified Land Development Code (ULDC).
The ZBOA is comprised of eight members with four appointments made by the City of Valdosta and four appointments made by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners. Board members should have experience in land development, be familiar with the City of Valdosta LDR, and be willing to commit sufficient time to the ZBOA in order to be an effective Board member. Members will serve a three-year term.
- Allan Strickland (Vice Chairman) - Term Expires 05/07/23
- John D. Holt - Term Expires 05/08/21
- Nathaniel Brantley (Attorney Appointment) - Term Expires 10/11/22
- Nancy Hobby - Term Expires 07/01/22
- Marion Ramsey - Term Expires 05/07/23
- John Hogan - Term Expires 07/01/22
- Victoria Copeland - Term Expires 05/07/23
- Mac McCall (Chairman) - Term Expires 08/28/22
The ZBOA meets the first Tuesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. in the City Hall Annex Building, Multi-Purpose Room located at 300 North Lee Street. View the 2021 Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting Schedule .
Interested in Serving
Any City resident interested in serving on the Valdosta-Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals should submit a completed General Membership Application and a signed Code of Ethics Form to Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, located in the City Manager and Mayor's office in City Hall, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.