The Traffic Management Division is responsible for the:
- Traffic Management Center (TMC)
- Traffic Signs and Markings
- Traffic Signals
- Speed Hump Study and Request
- Street Maintenance
Report Traffic or Street Issue
Traffic Management Center
The City of Valdosta was one of the first cities in the state to fully implement the new networking 2070 controllers at all traffic signals. The 2070 controllers help to improve city traffic by utilizing state-of-the-art communication and coordination software to control traffic through the TMC. The signal coordination and other intelligent transportation system technologies are critical tools for maintaining optimum traffic flow.
The city uses Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) funds to help pay for transportation improvements but has also been successful in requesting financial assistance from both the Georgia Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration to help promote and expand efforts to implement intelligent transportation system solutions.
- Speed Hump Policy and Request (2010) Please call 229-259-3530 to request a speed study for speed hump placements. Should the study warrant humps a meeting with the City Engineer is required prior
to obtaining the required signatures. Please contact Cindy Randall to set up this meeting
- Street Light Outages or call 229-259-3530
- Traffic Counts or call 229-259-3530
310 E. Adair Street