In addition to providing a historically-beautiful venue for shopping, dining and entertainment needs, the Valdosta Main Street Office manages the process of revitalizing downtown utilizing the Main Street Approach, a unique preservation-based organizing framework of good design, economic vitality, organization and promotional practices that revitalize the downtown district by leveraging local assets.
The Valdosta Main Street Program is a part of a nationwide movement through the National Main Street Center, a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation that has spanned three decades and taken root in more than 2,000 communities – a movement that has spurred $56 billion in reinvestment in traditional commercial districts. The people who make up Main Street America are passionate advocates, dedicated volunteers, influential stakeholders, and community organizers who work every day to turn the tide in their communities—catalyzing reinvestment, creating jobs, and fostering pride of place.
View more information on the following downtown economic incentives:
- GA Cities Foundation Green Communities Fund
- GA Cities Foundation Revolving Loan Fund
- DCA Downtown Development Revolving Loan Fund
- State Historic Preservation Tax Incentives
- Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives
Upcoming Downtown Events
To Shop Downtown
Visit the following sites for more information on the Main Street America Program.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation National Main Street Center: www.mainstreet.org
- Department of Community Affairs Office of Downtown Development: www.georgiamainstreet.com
- Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation: www.georgiatrust.org
- Valdosta Main Street Work Plan
Valdosta City Hall Annex
300 N. Lee Street, Suite #108
Valdosta, GA. 31601