Greater Lowndes Planning Commission
The missions of the Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC) are to review and make any recommendations on all official zoning and related local government land-use decisions, to look beyond short-term solutions in planning for the future of the Greater Lowndes community; to improve the public health, safety, convenience and welfare; and to provide for the social, economic and physical development of communities on a sound and orderly basis, within a governmental framework and economic environment which fosters constructive growth and efficient administration. The Commission provides assistance to local governments in updating, amending, and implementing county-wide comprehensive plans and developing land use ordinances and policies to ensure compatibility with regional and local plans, goals, objectives and recommend appropriate action to the elected officials.
The Planning Commission is comprised of 12 citizens of various backgrounds, appointed by the elected officials of each governing body. The City of Valdosta has four appointments, the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners has four appointments, and one appointment each for the cities of Lake Park, Hahira, Dasher, and Remerton. Members will serve a five-year term.
City of Valdosta
- Johnny P. Ball, III - Term Expires 07/08/24
- Chip Wildes - Term Expires 07/08/25
- Lou McClendon - Term Expires 11/21/22
- Calvin Graham, Sr. - Term Expires 07/08/23
- Franklin Bailey - Term Expires 01/07/23
- Tommy Willis - Term Expires 10/25/20
- Vicky Biles - Term Expires 10/13/24
- C. E. "Ed" Hightower- Vice Chairman - Term Expires 10/13/24
City of Dasher
- Chris Webb - Term Expires 04/02/24
City of Hahira
- Vicki T. Rountree - Chairman - Term Expires 11/14/22
City of Lake Park
- Debbie Sauls (Fill an Unexpired Term) - Term Expires 04/06/22
City of Remerton
- Steve Miller - Term Expires 01/01/25
The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission meets the last Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the South Health District, 325 West Savannah Avenue. View the 2020 meeting schedule.
The Work Sessions are held the second to last Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. These meetings are open to the public.
Interested in Serving
Any City resident interested in serving on the Greater Lowndes Planning Commission should submit a completed General Membership Application and a signed Code of Ethics Form to Teresa Bolden, City Clerk, located in the City Manager and Mayor's office in City Hall, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.