Public Information Specialist (Part-time)
The City of Valdosta Executive Office is looking for a highly motivated individual for a part time Public Information Specialist position. A qualified candidate will work for both the PIO and Media Coordinator offices, and will be cross-trained on all duties of the division, providing continuity for the division and resulting in quality services to the city departments. Helps plan, implement and evaluates a variety of projects designed to provide accurate, timely and understandable public information to various audiences and ensures the department’s communications materials and public website contain a consistent tone and feel. Helps write and produces graphics for a variety of documents. Helps coordinate the city's official social media and mobile application(s) functions. Maintains favorable internal and external relations by answering telephone calls and email inquiries; provide information and assistance. Maintains the city website; makes daily and weekly updates; maintains calendars and departmental pages. Photographs and videotapes special events, awards ceremonies, and meetings.
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices, journalism principles and practices, modern office principles, computers and job-related software programs, website management principles, social media principles
- Knowledge and experience in television/film production to thoroughly understand the work of Channel 17
- Skills in oral and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in related field
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test and pre-employment physical
- Valid driver’s license is required
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to LaToya Robinson at email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, no phone calls, please.
The City of Valdosta offers competitive salary with excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.