Downtown Valdosta Unveils 28th Edition Christmas Ornament
The Valdosta Main Street office has released its 28th edition in the series of the Downtown Valdosta Christmas ornaments. These local collectibles celebrate historic downtown landmarks and make wonderful holiday gifts.
The red ornament was designed by the Main Street staff and features Irwin’s Inc building, which was built circa 1953 and is located at 306 N Patterson Street. The building now houses 306 North Restaurant.
The 2020 ornaments cost $10 each, and ornaments from 2014-2019 may be purchased for the same amount. Ornaments from years 2001-2013 may also be purchased for $6 each, while supplies last.
Ornaments in the Downtown Valdosta Christmas Ornament Series include:
- Ashley Street Station (2019)
- A.S. Pendleton Company (2018)
- Exchange Bank Building (2017)
- Strand-Alamo Theatre (2016)
- Smith Drug and Seed Company Building (2015)
- Cranford Building (2014)
- 25th Anniversary of The ‘Dosta Playhouse (2013)
- The Roberts Building (2012)
- Historic Liberty Theater (2011)
- Valdosta Sesquicentennial/City Hall (2010)
- Converse Building (2009)
- Wisenbaker Building (2008)
- City Market (2007)
- First Presbyterian Church (2006)
- King’s Grill (2005)
- McKey Building (2004)
- First Baptist Church (2003)
- First United Methodist Church (2002)
- Ashley House (2001)
Citizens may purchase these local collectibles at the Main Street office, located on the first floor of the Valdosta City Hall Annex, at 300 N. Lee Street. Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. For more information, call 229-259-3577.