VPD Hiring Event - Open Testing
Valdosta Police Department is Hiring. We are holding an open testing on Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 6pm. We allow entrance starting at 5:30pm. The test is limited to the first 20 people that arrive due to keeping with social distancing guidelines. We also ask everyone that attends to wear a protective face covering and if you are not feeling well please plan on attending a later testing date. The testing will be at Valdosta City Hall Annex, 300 North Lee Street. This test is the initial stage of the hiring process and it could lead to a fantastic career in Law Enforcement at one of the finest Law Enforcement Agencies in the nation. We offer a competitive salary, great medical and retirement benefits. Must be able to perform all public safety duties as required by the department.
Applicants taking the test will need to bring their driver’s license and $15, which is the testing fee.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicant must a Unites States Citizen.
- Applicant cannot have any felony convictions according to O.C.G.A 35-8-8
- Applicant cannot have any family violence-related convictions according to O.C.G.A 19-13-1
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Applicant must have valid Driver’s License.
- $38,617.63 Base Salary
- $39,617.63 Partial College Incentive
- $40,617.63 Full College Incentive
The Valdosta Police Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Applications for the position of police officer remains open and dates and times of entry level test will be posted periodically on the City of Valdosta website www.valdostacity.com
For information on the process and benefits email Lieutenant Scottie Johns at email@example.com or call him at 229-293-3107.