The City of Valdosta Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of Part-time Custodian. This position is responsible for the custodial care and maintenance of assigned facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Emptying and cleans waste receptacles
- Collects recyclables
- Cleaning/sanitizing restrooms and restocking restroom supplies
- Cleaning and sanitizing water fountains
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waxing, and buffing floors; spot-cleans carpets
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Reporting repair needs to appropriate personnel
- Maintaining cleaning and equipment supply inventory
- Cleaning windows, mirrors, blinds, and windowsills
- Replacing light bulbs Retrieves and distributes mail
- Performing related duties
- Knowledge of city safety policies, procedures, and the use of various cleaning chemicals. Skills in operating such cleaning equipment as a vacuum cleaner, buffer, and various hand tools, following instructions and prioritizing work.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must satisfactorily complete a background check, drug test, and pre-employment physical.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, no phone calls, please.
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.