Deonna James, Warehouse Supervisor
1022 Myrtle Street
Valdosta, Georgia 31601
The purpose of the Central Warehouse Division is to maintain an adequate stock of supplies and materials needed to carry on the functions of the department and maintain proper records to account for the cost of materials used for each purpose and to replenish stock levels so that materials will be available. The division maintains proper housing to provide secure storage of valuable inventories in an atmosphere that will protect the materials from the elements.
Also, the warehouse maintains a basic inventory of all associated motor vehicles, trucks or other heavy equipment repair parts, tires, oils, batteries, other lubricants, etc. utilized by the City's Motor Vehicles Maintenance facility. Collects used the equipment, metals, etc. for auction. Performs an annual audit of all parts, materials, equipment, etc. issued and available.
- Maintain an adequate stock of common materials as well as specialty items that are required to maintain the water mains, hydrants, and services and other infrastructure of the water system.
- House the material and maintain a system to locate and disburse all items as needed and account for the cost of materials used.
- Take advantage of the savings inherent with bulk purchasing of needed items.
- Automate purchasing, receiving, and issuing of all stock items.
- Implement CMMS maintenance program.
PROCEDURE FOR ISSUING METERS (Residential and Commercial)
- Residential or Commercial water meters must be purchased in advance from the City of Valdosta Developmental Services Department.
- Residential and or Commercial meters will be released within 10 days including purchase date.
- Commercial meters release dates may be prolonged based on the project and or water sampling performance test results.
- Contact the Utilities Department Administration office for the release of Commercial meters.
- All meters will be issued by the City of Valdosta Central Warehouse located at 1022 Myrtle Street, Valdosta, GA, 31601.
PROCEDURE FOR ISSUING METERS (Fire Hydrant)
- Fire Hydrant Meters are rented at Utilities Administrative Office
- There is a $1,000.00 rental deposit.
- Personal and Company identification required. (Commercial Business W-9 required)
- All meters will be issued at the City of Valdosta Central Warehouse located at 1022 Myrtle Street, Valdosta, GA 31601.
- Stores and maintains equipment no longer required by city departments (computers, office furniture, printer, etc.).
- Supports customer prior to selling equipment by assisting them with equipment inspection.
- Assists the customer with shipping the equipment once it is sold.
1016 Myrtle Street
Valdosta, Georgia 31601