Maintenance Worker I
This position is responsible for the collection of refuse, recyclables, yard waste and other materials along a predetermined route. An incumbent in this position may be designated "Maintenance Worker II."
- Assists in collecting refuse, recyclables, yard waste, and other materials.
- Assists in operating the refuse or recycling truck as assigned.
- Assists in cleaning and maintaining assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Assists in performing pre- and post-trip equipment safety inspections.
- Operates a push mower to mow grass; operates hand and power tools, including weed-eaters, edgers and leaf blowers.
- Performs related duties.
- Knowledge of city streets.
- Knowledge of grounds equipment operation, maintenance and repair principles.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Skill in the operation of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- No experience requirements.
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department, 216 East Central Avenue, Valdosta, GA 31601.
Sorry, no phone calls, please.
The City of Valdosta offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information, go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.